Friday, May 29, 2009

DAY 8 - May 28, 2009

I have to admit to feeling rather pleased with myself. Why? Well, I almost didn't do the Day 8 workout yesterday. I'd had a bit of a maaaaaad day and, ideally, I like to train early morning or by lunch time at the latest, so when I'd finally done everything I needed to do (I left the house at 6am) and it was 7:30pm I really didn't think I could face it! However, after giving myself a damn good talking to and a swift slap in the chops off I plodded to Peak Fitness in Woking......

To be honest, it was truly HORRIBLE! The Mad Genius was really going for it and it seemed to go on F-O-R-E-V-E-R! Would it ever end! It was made up of 3 sections: chest and biceps (3 horrible combinations of exercises), shoulders and hamstrings (equally horrible) and finally more shoulders and triceps - I almost cried with anger and frustration!

But I DID IT!

I gritted my teeth, swore profusely (under my breath, of course), grunted, groaned and moaned my way through it.

And then it was over - BLISS! Now I was almost in tears again - but tears of joy this time.

Driving home was interesting as the steering wheel of my car felt the size and weight of the steering wheel of a galleon in full sail but I made it and once there, collapsed into the arms of my totally nonplussed husband who has no sympathy as I decided to put myself through "that torture"! I suppose he has a point....

So now you know why I'm feeling rather pleased with myself.

The other day I asked if anyone knew of where I could get a Voodoo doll - I'm still looking!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahaha

    Galleon!!!!

    Jo - you make me laugh!

    Well done - I'm loving reading this (when I get the rare chance)

    ReplyDelete