Saturday, May 23, 2009

DAY 1 - May 20, 2009

Hi! So here we are again with another Muscle In a Month challenge - this time an "elite" version - EEEK!

Once again it has been devised by the Mad Genius (a.k.a. Dax Moy).

What makes it elite? Well, this time Dax has added some H.I.I.T. (High Intensity Interval Training) YIPPEE!! as well as following Dax's Elimination Diet which he's tweaked with regard to our carb intake.

Dax has asked us to blog daily - I'm a bit late with this - and we'll be posting our stats and photos every 3 days.

So, my starting measurements are as follows:-

Weight: 11st 6.5lb
Shoulders: 43"
Chest: 37"
Arms: L: 12" R: 12"
Waist: 32"
Hips: 42"
Thighs: L: 25.25" / 20" R: 25.25" / 19.5"
Calfs: L: 15" R: 15"

Sorry but I don't have any starting pictures (actually, if you've seen my other pictures it's quite a relief that there aren't any photos!).

Today's session concentrated on chest and back - a delightful Super Set repeated 8 - yes 8 - times! Followed by an equally lovely combination of 3 hamstring exercises (4 sets of 4-6 reps, 8-12 reps and 40 reps) then the same structure of sets/reps for the core and that was polished off with some H.I.I.T. which consisted of 8 rounds of skipping and shadow boxing.
Pooped or what!

DOMS had set in before I'd even left the gym!

BRING IT ON!

2 comments:

  1. So it wasn't DOMS, rather OMS!!!!
    Sounds beastly. Did you get to the end of JLT's as well Jo? (did this overlap) HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat, I'm sorry I seem to have missed all your comments - forgot to ask for notifications! What a der-brain!

    No, I didn't manage to finish JLT's.

    OMS - I like it - zakly right!

    ReplyDelete