Saturday, May 23, 2009

DAY 2 - May 21, 2009

So, day 2 started with a biceps/triceps Super Set (yes, 8 times), then onto the shoulders with 4 sets each of 3 exercises using the same 4-6, 8-12 and 40 rep ranges. I can tell you that after 4 sets of 40 lat raises I just wanted to cry - and the final 30 reps were done with 1kg AND I nearly didn't make it!

Then we moved onto the CV work - Tabatas today! Now usually I like Tabata training, however, when one of the exercises you're doing is squat jumps........

I know I just have to grit my teeth and get on with it - I remember from my first MIM challenge that the first few days are the worst and then you just kind of get into the flow....

Photos and measurements tomorrow - EEEK!

2 comments:

  1. Are you at least allowed to drop the weights as you go through the sets then Jo?
    In my gym - when we do Tabata we do a chinese type bow first now! (not bad bearing in mind it all originated in Russia really!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to drop the weights or I won't get through it! It's important, as always, to ensure that your form is correct throughout.

    ReplyDelete